04 Days / 03 Nights - Sigiriya
Day 01 (05th Oct. 2019) - Airport / Torrington Grounds / Negombo
- Arrival, welcome by a representative of Lanka Sportreizen and driven to the Torrington Ground for Medical check-up & Registration, where you will be briefed about the event and thereafter you will be issued with your respective number.
- Later in the day transfer to Hotel.
- Overnight stay at Negombo.
Day 02 (06th Oct. 2019) - Negombo / Torrington Grounds
- To be picked-up between 0430 and 0500 hrs from your respective hotels & to be transferred to the grounds for the start of the marathon.
- Overnight stay at Negombo.
Day 03 (07th Oct. 2019) - Negombo / Pinnawala / Sigiriya
- After breakfast depart to Sigiriya… a Royal Citadel for 20 years in the 5th Century AD - stark and forbidding, haunted by an epic story of murder and betrayal is attributed to King Kasyapa who found hiding here after killing his father more fruitful than meeting the wrath of the people who loved King Dhatusena much more before meeting his rival - Prince Mugalan who had fled to India seeking reinforcements of his Army. This unique Rock Fortress or "castle in the sky" - a massive monolith of red stone that rises 600ft above ground, derived the name "Lion Rock" as the entrance to the climb to the summit is reached between the paws of a lion.
- En-route visit Pinnawala... established in 1975 as an effort towards education and conservation by way of scientific captive breeding. The Elephant Orphanage located on the banks of the Maha Oya, established to give shelter to elephants who are displaced from their natural habitats due to various reasons such as environmental changes due to development projects, being abandoned by their parents when they fall into pits and ravines, etc. It is most interesting to visit Pinnawala at feeding time when the baby elephants are bottle fed their milk, or at bath time when the whole herd is walked down to the river for their baths.
- Climb the Rock Fortress of Sigiriya, a Royal Citadel for 20 years in the 5th Century AD built by King Kasyapa, contemporary with the paintings of Ajantha and Ellora Caves in India, highlights being the Frescoes, Mirror Wall and the Lion's Paw, considered as the 8th Wonder of the modern world, thought to be equivalent to the "Alakamanda" - Celestial Palace of God Kuvera.
- Overnight stay at Sigiriya.
Day 04 (08th Oct. 2019) - Sigiriya / Airport
- After breakfast transfer to Airport for departure
- Accommodation on Bed & Breakfast Basis Sharing Double.
- Transport in an A/C Deluxe vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur/Guide.
- Any other local assistance or service that may be required
- Single Supplement - US$ 100/-
- Triple Reduction-US$ 15/-
- Marathon Entry Fee
- Additional meals
- Entrance Tickets
- Porter charges, tips or any other expense that does not included in the Itinerary.
- Optional activities
Marathon Entry Fee
- US$ 50/-Full Marathon (General / Veteran)
- US$ 25/-Half Marathon (General / Veteran)
- US$ 10/-10 km Fun Run
- S$ 05/-05 km Fun Run
- Elephant Orphanage - Rs. 2,500/-
- Sigiriya Rock - Rs. 5,280/-
- Dambulla Temple - Rs. 1,500/-
- We also provide suited Gest House Accommodation starting from US$ 30/-Per Person Per Night